Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Random Observations from first two days.

Magc8BallMagc8Ball Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
Well, the school year at UCD is underway! This is my first year at UCD (transfer), and there are just bunches of things that are new to me. Some things are related to it just being a different school, others related to it being a BIG school.

I think the random thing that really kind of shocked me was the noise that 400 notebooks make when being closed all at once: I sat in the front row of a full class in Chem 194 (the big 400-plus seat lecture hall). The lecture wraps up, the professor says "okay, and that's it for today" and suddenly there's this enormous "WHOP-woooosh" sound as everyone in the hall got ready to go, all at once.

I'd never heard such a noise in my 3 years at CC; was kind of a shock at that time of the day. :)
Post edited by Magc8Ball on

Replies to: Random Observations from first two days.

• Magc8BallMagc8Ball Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    Oops... forgot to add one last line... "post your own interesting, funny, or just plain weird stuff from the first couple school days".
  • equinebeingequinebeing Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    I'm also here for the first time as a transfer student. I'm amazed by how many people insist on riding their bicycles down the sidewalk even though there is a whole road for them.

Or that B or C line don't run on Saturdays which means I'll be walking to the game today, :/.

I love my professors though, they are eccentric and insanely smart it seems so far, and they certainly make class time fun.
This discussion has been closed.