right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What to bring to Summer Advising?

roldieroldie 9 replies1 threads New Member
Can someone tell me what I'll need to bring with me to Summer Advising? I want to make sure I have everything I need and nothing I don't.
edited August 2005
4 replies
Post edited by roldie on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What to bring to Summer Advising?

• TTTRTTTR 190 replies23 threads Junior Member
    Well, I would bring 3 pairs of clothes. Shirts and shorts mainly. Maybe an extra pair of socks or underwear. An undershirt to wear at night if you want. Your toiletrees, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, comb etc. They will provide soap and towels, but you should bring shampoo. A hat perhaps for the sun. A pen and pencil and a folder to keep stuff in. Other then that, I would consider as dead weight. I brought my CD player and didn't use it once. Someone brought their laptop but they never brought it out.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mr.BMr.B 1826 replies88 threads Senior Member
    Until last night it has been fairly warm so enough causual clothes for your time here, a pencil and notebook with a folder for holding assorted peices of paper you might pick up. If the temp dips at night some like a light jacket or sweatshirt.
    · Reply · Share
  • WeaselRyeWeaselRye 41 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Several Water Bottles

A Backpack

One of those fans that sprays mist on you.
    · Reply · Share
  • megathundermegathunder 924 replies90 threads Senior Member
    All I brought were clothes....thats all.

Seriously, you can do without all this other stuff the people above have been mentioning. Mostly everything is provided..
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity