right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

MicroFridge vs. Mini Refrigerator

r2b2ctr2b2ct 136 replies10 threads Junior Member
A while ago I received a large envelope with various housing papers enclosed. One of these papers was advertising the ASUCD Refrigerator Service, which provided information about two refrigerator options: the MicroFridge and the Mini Refrigerator. It appeared to me that the MicroFridge is undoubtedly better than the Mini Refrigerator(the fridge is bigger and it has a microwave). On the paper, however, the MicroFridge is listed as $40 for 9 months, while the Mini Refrigerator is listed as $125 for 9 months. Convinced that I must be missing something, I stared at the page searching for a reason. I still don't get it. Were the prices mistakenly reversed or is this information correct?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just realized that the back of the page lists the prices again, but this time it lists the MicroFridge at the higher price. In this case, I think it's pretty obvious that the front page is a mistake.
edited September 2005
8 replies
Post edited by r2b2ct on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: MicroFridge vs. Mini Refrigerator

• megathundermegathunder 924 replies90 threads Senior Member
    Youre going for that? I dunno, I was thinking about it and didnt think it was going to be necessary. What are your reasons for wanting it, because our dorms have lounges with communal kitchens.

Just interested in knowing, because I might change my mind, too..
    · Reply · Share
  • r2b2ctr2b2ct 136 replies10 threads Junior Member
    I doubt I will get either actually. I'm thinking about it though.
    · Reply · Share
  • mwang1028mwang1028 16 replies0 threads New Member
    say you're studying for you final. suddenly, a nice cold beverage sounds really good. but do you really want to go all the way out to the lounge, possibly a couple floors down, just to get it? and besides, if it's a communal fridge, what are you going to do when someone just steals your drink, or questions the legality of it?

or what about if you get suddenly hungry for some reason, wouldn't a nice frozen dinner about 10 feet away sound really good?
    · Reply · Share
  • ProphasiProphasi 277 replies35 threads Member
    ^nice sales pitch mwang
    · Reply · Share
  • Mr.BMr.B 1826 replies88 threads Senior Member
    Food in a communal refrigerator has been known to evaporate quickly. A bottle of soda might have a three minute half life after you leave the room. Purchasing a cheap refrigerator might be considerably less expensive in the long run. Microwaves sell for as little as $60 bucks in some big stores.
    · Reply · Share
  • r2b2ctr2b2ct 136 replies10 threads Junior Member
    You guys do make good points in favor of getting one. I'll have to see what my roommate thinks.
    · Reply · Share
  • megathundermegathunder 924 replies90 threads Senior Member
    Yea, was just thinking about it, if your roommate splits the cost it only ends up being about 60 or so, right? Thats not that bad for a whole year..
    · Reply · Share
  • TTTRTTTR 190 replies23 threads Junior Member
    I ordered a Microfridge...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity