right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Last day at home...

megathundermegathunder 924 replies90 threads Senior Member
How's everyones last day at home? I'm having mixed emotions so far. My parents have been all extra nice to me this last week and my brother has been telling me how he's going to miss me a lot. I can't help but feel really sad and apprehensive. On the other hand, however, I'm really excited to kick off the whole college experience and get the ball rolling. I think I'm going to be comfortable only after the first week when I get settled in and the sadness starts to go away.

Anyway, I'm venting, how've your past few days been?
edited October 2005
13 replies
Post edited by megathunder on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Last day at home...

• megathundermegathunder 924 replies90 threads Senior Member
    Heh, 39 views and no responses? Guess everyone must be short on time packing at the last minute, eh? ;)
    · Reply · Share
  • Mr.BMr.B 1826 replies88 threads Senior Member
    You have no idea how hard this is for a parent...

Do I put my bookshelves and computer desk where her bed was, or do I move the Television in there and hook up the surround sound?

You are about to step through a door and there will be no returning to the same spot again. Breath deep, look around and appreciate what the word commencement really means. Good luck...I will be one of the old geysers trying to rig a loft bed or lift a 500 lb suit case... Life is good, enjoy it...write about it..keep a journal.
    · Reply · Share
  • user87user87 32 replies9 threads Junior Member
    i understand what mr. b is saying...

i'm feeling the same as you, varun! but it still hasn't hit me yet because i leave on sunday, and i'm not leaving home as far as you're going to. aren't you coming from SoCal?
    · Reply · Share
  • ProphasiProphasi 277 replies35 threads Member
    I'll chime into this thread. Let's see, its 10:41 and so far I've packed my clothes...and that's all. I'm pretty excited to just get started. Summer started getting boring after the end of July, so its good to get going after 2 months of doing pretty much nothing. Like user87, I'm not that far from home so its not too big of a deal with the whole homesickness.

Strap into your seats boys and girls, we're about to get on, arguably, the ride of our lives...
    · Reply · Share
  • TTTRTTTR 190 replies23 threads Junior Member
    Hey Guys, I'm up at Davis right now. I'm at the University Park Inn tonight and tommorrow night. If you want my tale of weariness and woe, check out my latest blog post. I pray you all have a safe journey up here and may we be in good company come Tuesday.
    · Reply · Share
    Yea, I'm coming up from socal. Its going to be about a six hour drive, so Im gonna be a ways from home.

Well, tomorrow at this time I'm going to be a world away from normal, lookin' forward to seeing you guys there..
    · Reply · Share
    Drove over early, unpacked, the move was smooth, the hand carts they had were very helpful as were the flock of dorm advisors and student helpers. Campus looked great, a little dusty near the new dorms still. The box of books my D ordered seemed a little incomplete and all the books were used instead of new as requested, but that frees up more money for other things.

Lifting the bed up to fit the desk underneath was work and I am already home. Life continues to change. Good luck,
    · Reply · Share
  • r2b2ctr2b2ct 136 replies10 threads Junior Member
    I'm posting from my dorm right now. The rooms are great(my dorm is brand spankin' new), and they seem more spacious than I thought they would be which is cool. The internet connection is pretty nice as well(especially for gaming).

BTW, mega, what is your room number? Since we are pretty close I thought it would be good if we introduced ourselves.
    · Reply · Share
    Any of you guys in the Regan area?
    · Reply · Share
    I'm in Tercero with Robert(r2), I actually met him today at our floor meeting. I'm in room 322 by the way..
    · Reply · Share
    I wish I could smell the cows...
    · Reply · Share
    TTTR, would it remind you of mom?
    · Reply · Share
    Ooooohhh, aaaaaah, ouch....Mr. B, cruel ;)..
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity