Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC Berkeley Provisional Contract

cleppy1cleppy1 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
Hey everyone, I am in a bit of a pickle. I'm a transfer student going to UC Berkeley this fall and I'm afraid my final grades will amount to a GPA lower than 3.0. I haven't gotten all of my grades yet, but one of the classes I'd for sure thought I'd get an A in (or at least a B) I received a C (I've emailed the professor asking why). Along with this, I already know about a plausible C I'll be getting, which would've been fine assuming that I'd gotten an A in the aforementioned class. With two C's, my GPA will be about a 2.8. I've had some family issues this semester, but if it turns out that my GPA is under a 3.0, is my admission in serious jeopardy? I'm waiting on contacting Berkeley until all of my grades are released. Thanks for any help.
Post edited by cleppy1 on

Replies to: UC Berkeley Provisional Contract

• AskMsSunAskMsSun - Posts: 1,767 Senior Member
    Once you know for sure you have less than a 3.0 (after you get all of your grades), contact your Berkeley admission officer to notify him or her and offer an explanation. The Berkeley admission officers have a lot of latitude in granting waivers and making exceptions, so make your case to your admission officer and hope for the best.
This discussion has been closed.