Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

record of essays

eminemlover_2588eminemlover_2588 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
Do the UCs keep a record of all their essays? One of my friends did something stupid. He told me he might have plagiarized a little of someones essays. He took some sentences and ideas from an essay online. He just doesnt want to get kicked out of school if he gets caught. It was a stupid mistake but hes just so worried :(
Post edited by eminemlover_2588 on

Replies to: record of essays

• IAmTheEvilestIAmTheEvilest Registered User Posts: 227 Junior Member
    I imagine that they keep all of the essays. I mean, it isn't that difficult since all the data is already electronic and storage space is pretty cheap right now anyways. He won't have to worry too long anyway though, since the decisions will be coming out in the just a few more weeks.
  • Original NameOriginal Name Registered User Posts: 234 Junior Member
    Too late to worry about it now. I'm sure they won't check the essays after he's been accepted though.
  • eminemlover_2588eminemlover_2588 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Will they check after he's been accepted (if he is ) though?
  • eminemlover_2588eminemlover_2588 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    does anyone know about this? hes freaking out lol. i mean what he did was wrong but does anyone know whether adcoms or whoever will check after acceptances come out?
  • CC AdminCC Admin Administrator Posts: 32,479 Senior Member
    why don't you ask your "friend" what he/she was doin while we were workin our butts off doing and editing the essays? Why don't you have him/her explain the situation?
  • IAmTheEvilestIAmTheEvilest Registered User Posts: 227 Junior Member
    Think about it this way, it will ultimately be good for him to be rejected. If he gets caught in college, it is something that will stay on his academic record forever and he may even get kicked out of school.
  • lalalaohlalalaoh Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    Your friend (YOU!) is gross. I hope fungus grows on your feet and you can never get laid.
  • UCSBstud949UCSBstud949 Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    I'm 100% he'll get away with it. At UCSB alone there were 42k applicants and I assume 50% will get admitted. Do you seriously think they care much about his essay? Even if they do, do u seriously think they're going to do forensic on essays? The cost would exceed the benefit. So no, once he's in he's in unless he misreported his grades.
This discussion has been closed.