Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

question about uc gpa

dnduswodnduswo Registered User Posts: 1,612 Senior Member
is the average gpa on the uc's website the a-g gpa or the total high school gpa??
becuase my school requires lots of non academic class to graduate like driving education/health and two years of pe...which means i miss 3classes that i could take more science or other academic classes.
Post edited by dnduswo on

Replies to: question about uc gpa

• ucapplicant05ucapplicant05 Registered User Posts: 1,415 Senior Member
    A-G. Only academic classes are important.
  • gsp_silicon_valleygsp_silicon_valley Registered User Posts: 1,542 Senior Member
    I believe the UC system uses their recalculated "weighted UC GPA" which excludes non-academic classes like p.e. and driver ed. So, the average GPA will be the "average UC GPA," not the average total GPA.

There are so many different numbers floating around, it can be difficult to keep up. If any average GPA number exceeds 4.0, then it has to be a weighted calculation.
  • dnduswodnduswo Registered User Posts: 1,612 Senior Member
    An average high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.88 (note: UCI uses a maximum of 8 honors grade points in determining the GPA)
    from uci
    shouldnt it mean all high school gpa?
  • gsp_silicon_valleygsp_silicon_valley Registered User Posts: 1,542 Senior Member
    I thought that the UC systems uses only A-G courses taken in grades 10 and 11 for the GPA calculation. They don't count 9th grade.
  • patwu89patwu89 Registered User Posts: 200 Junior Member
    I took two community college courses: Intro to Buisiness and Chem 050. Are they counted as weighted courses 1 semester each?
  • subsidonsubsidon Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    I moved halfway through 10th grade
    my school will accept the classes for my overall HS GPA(stripped of it's weighting of course)

Will UC GPA count the classes (by the way, they are not on the UC approved classes website, like Pre-IB 1 Chemistry compared to Chemistry)

for credit fufillment?
    for GPA calculation?
This discussion has been closed.