right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Will a course that is retaken senior year help clean up a bad grade?

Korean101Korean101 146 replies69 threads Junior Member
Hey guys, so I am in a little bit of a dilemma right now. In APUSH last year, which is a a-g course, I got a D first semester. I am retaking the class online (it's regular US History online so it doesn't replace the D, I know that, but it should still fulfill the UC requirement). But my question is, since I'm taking the US history course senior year, will it even matter to the UC's? I read online that the UC GPA calculations only consider sophomore and junior year. I can get the US history online course in my transcript before the UC applications are due in November 31st (or 30, I don't remember how many days are in November) but since the online course was taken senior year, can it still fulfill the a-g US history course requirement?
edited October 2013
2 replies
Post edited by Korean101 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will a course that is retaken senior year help clean up a bad grade?

• PhantomVirgoPhantomVirgo 1051 replies37 threads Senior Member
    What you said about UC GPA is correct--only sophomore and junior years are considered. Your senior year is looked at to determine rigor and whether you'll be fulfilling (or are expected to fulfill, at least) any remaining a-g requirements.

On that note, your US History course should count towards the history requirements.
    · Reply · Share
  • uclastudennnntuclastudennnnt 233 replies0 threads Junior Member
    ^agreed. Your GPA is set in stone by now, at least in terms of applications, but as long as you fulfill the requirement before matriculation you're set.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity