Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rate me for UCLA, UCB, UCSD, UCD, UCSB

cheesemage45cheesemage45 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
10-11 ONLY****

GPA (W) : 4.22 (Calculated with Rogerhub UC GPA calculator)

GPA (UW): 3.87 (Calculated with Rogerhub UC GPA calculator)

UPWARDS TRENDS: One honors course freshman year (bio), 2 AP's (Euro/Env science) and Honors physiology sophomore year, Junior year: 2 AP's (Chemistry and U.S. History) two honors: Precalc and English).

ACT: 30 (could go up)

EC: Class President for Junior Year, student council member next year (web design), community service for 45 hours, President of my own Club, student american heart association. 3 years of Water Polo an Swim, going to do 4 in senior year.

ESSAY: I'm going to write about what I went through Junior Year in being president. I have a pretty good story, (made 3,800 dollars for prom compared to the $250 dollars before), and helping make the class equal for people who werent represented.

SIDENOTE: I took the hardest classes I could, and switched from honors chemistry to AP chemistry in the second semester. Probably not the smartest idea, but I wanted to challenge myself as it was 2 periods of AP Chemistry. I have an A up until the end of semster, and bombed the final... so I might write about that. I did the best I could and put myself through a hell of a year, so I know some good stuff to write for my essays.

Replies to: Rate me for UCLA, UCB, UCSD, UCD, UCSB

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 27,006 Forum Champion
    Intended major?
    UCD and UCSB look like Match schools depending upon major. UCSD a Match-High Match.
    UCLA/UCB are always tough admits so consider them Reach schools. Make sure you have 1-2 safety schools on your list.
    UC's only recognize the Pre-Calc as honors not the rest of your Honors courses.

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist/#/list/search/institution

As long as your counselor marks the most rigorous schedule, you should be fine.
  • saratoga37saratoga37 Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    UCLA really looks at apps holistically. I think your grades are good enough, but they want to see that you'll contribute to the campus non-academically as well. I would want to focus on the latter part of what you want to write about in your essay.
  • cheesemage45cheesemage45 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    Either Law or Something in Biology.
This discussion has been closed.