Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance of appeal being accepted

photonerd21photonerd21 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
I was rescinded from UCI because I had one D per semester from the same class, precal. The reason why I received those grades is because I had to get a job since my family was experiencing major financial issues. I was working about 25 hours per week while taking three AP classes, one honors and two reg ed classes. During the second semester I had another personal problem where I attended trial multiple times, even though I was not obligated to. I was able to get A's and B's in the rest of my classes except for precal again. I also notified my counselor immediately after both grades were final. I am now retaking the class in the summer at a CC, do I have a chance of my appeal being accepted?

Replies to: Chance of appeal being accepted

• bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 7,968 Senior Member
    You'll only know by trying... but try ASAP. Good luck.
  • NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 6,072 Senior Member
    all appeals are long shots - but you won't know if you don't try. You enrollment in the CC could be a problem ... because you'll be viewed as a transfer. Contract UCI today and ask about your next steps.
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.