right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance of appeal being accepted

photonerd21photonerd21 3 replies2 threads New Member
I was rescinded from UCI because I had one D per semester from the same class, precal. The reason why I received those grades is because I had to get a job since my family was experiencing major financial issues. I was working about 25 hours per week while taking three AP classes, one honors and two reg ed classes. During the second semester I had another personal problem where I attended trial multiple times, even though I was not obligated to. I was able to get A's and B's in the rest of my classes except for precal again. I also notified my counselor immediately after both grades were final. I am now retaking the class in the summer at a CC, do I have a chance of my appeal being accepted?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance of appeal being accepted

• bjkmombjkmom 7948 replies159 threads Senior Member
    You'll only know by trying... but try ASAP. Good luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • NCalRentNCalRent 6381 replies14 threads Senior Member
    all appeals are long shots - but you won't know if you don't try. You enrollment in the CC could be a problem ... because you'll be viewed as a transfer. Contract UCI today and ask about your next steps.
    Good luck
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity