Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC eligibility? Please help...

greatcatsbyygreatcatsbyy Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Hello, I'm wondering if I qualify for UC in-state admissions. I've lived in California since before freshman year of high school, and my family has had a green card since my freshman year, but the problem is that I only live with my mom (who does not work) and my dad lives abroad. He filed last year's income report this spring, but since his income is below $100k, he did not have to pay taxes to the U.S.

However, he didn't file his taxes to the CA government, which concerns me bc I doubt California has the same rule, and I don't know if I'm eligible for in-state admissions if my parents only filed their income to the federal government. :( I've heard that UCs don't offer any FA or scholarships to out of state students, which I desperately need since my family is in a tough spot right now. Will I be able to appeal to the FA office? Thank you!

EDIT: My mom has a CA driver's license if that helps my case

Replies to: UC eligibility? Please help...