right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UC Acceptances

CheongGoCheongGo 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hello all, it's been truly heartbreaking for me, however I received a D in my AP Physics course in my senior year of high school, and I feel that my chances at a UC are pretty much down. There's a whole back story of financial issues, job obtainment, a full schedule of APs etc. that I won't get into too much, but I was wondering if my chances were truly done. I have submitted my grade report to all UCs with the statement already, my SAT is a 1400 if that helps in answering my question. I would like to say that I have been a decent student as I have taken AP/Honors throughout the entirety of high school with this being the only grade slipping below a B.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UC Acceptances

• GumbymomGumbymom 29157 replies252 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    Each UC campus will determine the next step in regards to your D.

All UC’s state in their provisional admission contract that no D’s or F’s Senior year but they will evaluate each students specific circumstances, so there is no hard and fast rule that all hope is gone.

By having followed through with reporting your grade with a statement of explanation along with a good academic record throughout HS, that can help the situation.

Hopefully the UC’s will see this as small blip on your record and give you the chance to get your 2nd semester grade up to a C or higher.

Best of luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • NeontetraNeontetra 3 replies0 threads New Member
    My son was in a similar situation. He took a linear algebra course at a local community college and got a D. He had never received a grade lower than an A in all of high school.

Last month, he reported his grade along with a letter of explanation to the UCs he applied to, but has not received a response. We are hoping that because he did not need this math course to fulfill his a-g requirements it will have less of a negative impact.

Just yesterday he received admission to UCIs honors program.

Best of luck to you during this difficult waiting game.
    · Reply · Share