right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Should I drop a class?

kaedg5kaedg5 2 replies3 threads New Member
I have been straight A's all throughout high school and I made a mistake of taking AP Economics. I am struggling very much and no matter how hard I study, I always end up with D's. Right now I have a grade of 85 and I am worried that if I can't seem to achieve higher scores, I might end up with a C or if I'm lucky, B-. I have the option of dropping to regular Econ for a fresh start but my counselor advised me not to. He says that colleges will not rescind their acceptance if they see a B, though if I drop, it will change the rigor of my courses(5 AP's) and drop me down against other applicants with their own rigorous classes. So my question is, which is more worth it? Getting a B/C grade or changing the rigor?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I drop a class?

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 29829 replies320 threads Forum Champion
    For UCB/UCLA, the provisional admission contract states you need to maintain a 3.0 unweighted GPA, no more than 2 C’s Senior year and no D’s or F’s.

For the rest of the UC’s, a 3.0 weighted GPA with no D’s or F’s. One B or C will not be a reason for rescinding your acceptance.

Keep the class and do your best. You will be fine.
    · Reply · Share