right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

I never reported I failed a class in sophomore year to UC's? Will I get rescinded?

ilostmybutterilostmybutter 5 replies1 threads New Member
Hi.

I got into UC Berkeley. I spent freshman and sophomore year in New York. In 10th grade, I was taking AutoCAD, it was a required course in our school (not a state requirement per se). Due to bad mental health, prolonged absences, bad home-life, and lack of accommodation by my CAD teacher, I failed the course.

I moved to Cali in 11th grade, got my stuff together, etc. When it was time to self-report my grades in senior year, I noticed CAD was not listed in the A-G requirements at all, so I just didn't report it.

Will this get me rescinded from Cal?
edited April 23
7 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I never reported I failed a class in sophomore year to UC's? Will I get rescinded?

• hoshizorahoshizora 362 replies8 threads Member
    edited April 5
    Wrong forum but if you didn't report a failed class you will get rescinded maybe explain your situation to Cal
    edited April 5
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30343 replies393 threads Forum Champion
    If it is not considered an a-g course then you are not required to report the class, however does it show up on your transcript?
    · Reply · Share
  • ilostmybutterilostmybutter 5 replies1 threads New Member
    Yeah it does. But if im not required to report it, am i safe
    · Reply · Share
    Yeah it does. But if im not required to report it, am i safe
    · Reply · Share
  • KDSJayKDSJay 43 replies0 threads Junior Member
    In that case if it shows on your transcript, I would contact Cal just to double-check. Better to be safe than have your decision rescinded! I hope it works out!
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30343 replies393 threads Forum Champion
    edited April 7
    I concur ^^^^ and contact UCB just to be sure.
    edited April 7
    Post edited by Gumbymom on
    · Reply · Share
    I had an earlier issue with something on my transcript and I emailed them a week ago (they said responses come within 4-7 days) and now I'm wondering whether I should wait for a follow up on that update to my admissions before saying something else
    · Reply · Share