Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC Appeals

nsharma2005nsharma2005 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
Did anybody get into to UC appeals. The UC Davis admissions speaker said that appeals will be returned from April 25 to May 1. Thx.
Post edited by nsharma2005 on

Replies to: UC Appeals

• juicyjuicy Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    No word from Davis for me. Did you call UCD or something?
  • nsharma2005nsharma2005 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Juicy, I called UC Davis. They said they will definitely give it by May 1. This year they are handling things differently, and they will be notifying decions throughout the week.
  • mandieeemandieee Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    oo good to know. i've been anxiously checking my mail everday. just checked about 5 minutes ago and nothing yet
    Hey mandiee, what was ur basis of your appeal?
  • truMptruMp Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    Anyone hear from other schools like UCLA or UCB yet?
  • jere_bjere_b Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    lol wow, I also called the UC Davis admissions office today and they told me the same thing about May 1st. Did anyone else get a response yet?

As for me..no response! Sometimes I think this is driving me insane.
    Jere B, i was wondering what the main reason is that they are not doing the same procedures. For previous years, they notify students about their appeal admission after May 1. But, this is the only year where they are releasing admission decisions before May 1. I dont know
  • m_lee21m_lee21 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    jere_b, you arent the only one who is going insane. try waking up every 2 hrs in the night and checkin for the results and then goin back to sleep and dreaming that you've gotten in. i'm going insane!!!
    lol......m_lee21 ur hella funny. I am going hella insane too. My grades are screwing up because i cant concetrate. i hope i get in, even though i doubt i will.......
    Thanks Msharma. It's a relief that we'll be notified before may 1st. last year my friend's appeal to davis was not responded to until a few weeks after his SIR date.
    btw wut did all u guys appeal on?
    well i appealed on lots of stuff....my retaken december sat 2 scores werent included and i talked about why i need to go there....and some other extracurriculars. what about you M-lee
    but i dont know if i will get in........the speaker said very few will be granted this year. i doubt i will be able to reverse their decision.
    wow u respond fast, it seems like we live on this forum, but anyways i appealled on my grades, 4.5 weighted gpa sr. year, some family stuff about my mom about to lose her job, and some extracurricular stuff. i got 2 letters of rec, one of those were about my group and i winning a stock market stimulation game.

i kno UCs dont take appeals on just high grades, but i think it influences them a little because last year i knew 2 people from my school that got in on high grades alone.
    haha my basis on appeal are pretty much the same as both of u guys. i am not gonna keep my hopes up.
This discussion has been closed.