Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will this credit transfer?

King818King818 Registered User Posts: 349 Junior Member
This may be one that only UCDavis rep can answer, but nonetheless...

If I took Spanish 3 at my school, and choose to drop it 2nd semester and take it online, do I get a full year of credit for it, and will the grade transfer? Thanks in advance...
Post edited by King818 on

Replies to: Will this credit transfer?

• UC DavisUC Davis College Rep Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    Are you currently a high school student? Where are you taking it online? If completing the course at a California Community College please see Welcome to ASSIST. If you aren't completing the course at a California Community College then we won't be able to determine transferability of the course until we have official records to review.
  • King818King818 Registered User Posts: 349 Junior Member
    I am currently a high school student who would need to drop a period from the school day for medical reasons. I wouldn't be taking a Community College class because A) It's not offered B ) I only need a semester and that covers a year C) I'd want the high school equivalent, not something that's much harder. So I'd be taking an online high school Spanish 3B class. Assuming my school accepts it, will the credit transfer and will it count for GPA?
  • UC DavisUC Davis College Rep Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    High school level courses are never considered for university level credit. Only courses completed at College/University level will be considered for university credit.

If you are asking if this course will be counted as an a-g course to meet UC eligibility requirements, it could. Your high school would need to approve the course and list it on their official record for it to be considered by the UC campuses.
  • King818King818 Registered User Posts: 349 Junior Member
    Yes, the second paragraph was what I was asking. So basically I need my high school's approval, and it won't matter that I took each semester at two different schools (one in school, one online). I appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.