Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Straight A's Senior Year

demozdemoz Registered User Posts: 1,177 Senior Member
I'm not posting this to boast, but I received all A's my entire senior year with the hardest course load the school offers. I was already accepted to the UCs but I'm wondering if I get any benefits or bonuses if they see all A's on my final transcript? I heard rumors that they may give you extra grants or scholarships.

I guess I'm just looking to see if that effort in senior year could be used somehow?

Even a few straight A's students since their freshmen year slipped a bit this year by a B or two. I feel just a TINY bit like I wasted my effort.
Post edited by demoz on

Replies to: Straight A's Senior Year

• fortifyfortify Registered User Posts: 1,161 Senior Member
    You should feel a whole lot like you wasted your effort
  • demozdemoz Registered User Posts: 1,177 Senior Member
    Oh well, I guess if anything or as a last resort I'll just use it to put others down and make myself feel better.

Nah I'm joking.
  • nooobnooob Registered User Posts: 2,065 Senior Member
    i think now you get a full ride...

but seriously, thousands of kids will get straight A's senior year when they never got straight A's before. It's just nice to see on your transcript but don't be expecting any awards anytime soon. (except i've heard of one outside scholarship that only looks at senior grades.)
  • bluebayoubluebayou Registered User Posts: 25,461 Senior Member
    No UC benefits, but you;ll have a great transcript should you considering transferring next year.
This discussion has been closed.