Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

D in Language Arts AP

MillimpeterMillimpeter Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hey everyone. I am 90% going to get in 11th grade Language Arts AP this year. Other than that i have 4 A's and 1 B. Im not sure if it may help, but I got 1810 on the SAT and on the SAT 2 i got a 610 in Lit and 650 in US history. My question is, do i have any chance of getting into UCI with a D?

Thank you
Post edited by Millimpeter on

Replies to: D in Language Arts AP

• OoPurestOoOoPurestOo Registered User Posts: 894 Member
    "I am 90% going to get in 11th grade Language Arts AP this year"

Congrats, must be a hard class to get into.
  • MillimpeterMillimpeter Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    rofl, sorry i couldnt find an edit button so i meant to say that there is a 90% chance that i will get a D in the class
  • SkadforlifeSkadforlife Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    Well, since UCSC flat out rejected anyone with a D in any of their classes this year, regardless of other stats....I'm pretty sure it's not going to fly at UCI, which is more difficult to get into.
  • LawchaLawcha Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    You do not even meet the minimum requirements for UCs if you get a D in Lang. Arts AP when you consider that you need 4 years of English.

D = Credit to pass high school.
    C = Credit to count towards college requirement classes.

In other words, you won't be even considered for a UC if you dont make that class up or get it up to a C

Colleges, especially a school like UCI don't even like seeing Ds on report cards.

With declining admission due to budget cuts and the economy, you will need the best grades u can possibly get.

I would raise your GPA/SAT scores too. I got tons of friends with ~3.8G.P.A and 2200 SAT being rejected from Irvine.
  • ohgericohgeric Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    yes you still have a chance
    a friend of mine got a D in AP-USH last year
    made it up during summer school
    and still ended up getting in uci this year

as long as you make up the course you will meet the UC requirement
This discussion has been closed.