right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Current students or recent grads?

carriemc95carriemc95 170 replies15 threads Junior Member
Hello! My daughter is looking to add one California school to her list, and UC Irvine looks like the best option for us financially. Can a current or recent student weigh in on the current situation of the program? Is it still an audition after admission program? Are you happy and feel supported? Do you feel as though the students and faculty take it seriously?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Current students or recent grads?

• loribelleloribelle 389 replies9 threads Member
    @carriemc95 As far as I know, yes. Entrance to the school is strictly grades and talent is not considered. It is much easier gradewise to transfer in after junior college and so it is a popular transfer program. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the program and faculty.

If you are from California and you are looking to add geographically close schools, I recommend you look at ASU, U of A, Utah, UCLA, and Northern Colorado. This group is very diverse, but all offer some type of MT training.
    · Reply · Share
  • loribelleloribelle 389 replies9 threads Member
    One thing I did is look up professor names on rate my professor in each theatre department. You may find some trends.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity