Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
2»

Replies to: UC Irvine

• soozievtsoozievt Registered User, ! Posts: 31,495 Senior Member
    So, Irvine now has a BFA in MT? If so, do students audition as freshmen to enter or is it like before, where they auditioned after a year to get into the MT (BA) concentration?
  • paradoxicalparadoxical Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    Students who enter as Freshmen still audition for the Musical Theatre BFA after one year.as a drama major, but the BFA students no longer have to fulfill the same requirements as regular Drama majors. They have fewer courses in design, dramatic literature, and speech, and add more courses specific to musical theatre.
  • KatMTKatMT College Rep Posts: 4,131 Senior Member
    From the UCI Website --

Music Theatre B.F.A. Offered for Those Whose Goal Is the Stage

Students showing professional aptitude for a career performing in musical theater can now pursue a B.F.A. in Music Theatre at UC Irvine.

Offered by the Drama Department in the Claire Trevor School of the Arts, this new degree presents the department’s most talented and motivated students with an opportunity to train in acting, singing and dancing for the stage.

Freshman Drama majors may audition for the B.F.A. program after their first year of residence. Transfer students may audition as early as their second quarter of residence. A GPA of 3.0 in musical theater courses completed prior to the audition is required.

:: For more information visit the Claire Trevor School of the Arts and the Music Theatre major website.

UC Notes - October 2008

Here is the link to the UCI website: Claire Trevor School of the Arts | Home
  • soozievtsoozievt Registered User, ! Posts: 31,495 Senior Member
    Thanks, this is a new change at UC-Irvine!
  • haikumarukuchanhaikumarukuchan Registered User Posts: 1,795 Senior Member
    I wanna be an acting emphasis on UCI

but in high school I didnt get much training

can i get that in UCI?
  • paradoxicalparadoxical Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    haikumarukuchan

Absolutely!
  • kevyldkpkevyldkp Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    From the UCI DRAMA SITE:
    The "Mega Audition" -- All of our major productions directed by faculty and graduate directing students audition during Welcome Week -- the week before Fall Quarter classes begin. (The "All Undergraduate Production" auditions during the Winter Quarter and is an exception to this.) All of the directors assemble together in one room and all students hoping to be cast perform monologues and songs cuts. <i>Information will be sent to you regarding these auditions which feature an on-line sign-up sheet during the summer.</i>

Who does it mean when it says it will be sent to you? Will it also be sent to new freshman? Or how can you get it sent to you?
  • TheaterluverTheaterluver Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    they'll email you closer to school starting about signing up for audition slots. don't worry they're very on top of things!
  • fightclubfightclub Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to change my major to Mathematics. I took two lower division math courses already, Math 2A and 2B and I received a "C" in Math 2A and an "A" in Math 2B. But the requirement says I need a minimum GPA of 3.00 for all
    lower-division UCI math courses that count toward the major. So should I retake Math 2A before switching majors? Is it necessary? here is the link to the criteria UCI Change of Major Criteria: School of Physical Sciences
2»
This discussion has been closed.