Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Taking GEs at a CC over the summer...?

parfaitparfait Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
So you know how for certain GE categories (e.g. III, IV, V, etc.,) you take 2 classes to fulfill it since it goes by a semester system and you can check the equivalences over at assist.org? Do you know if it's possible to take one class at one CC, and the second class at a different CC? Technically they both go towards satisfying the same category so it should be allowed, right?

Also, are we allowed to take online classes at a CC during the academic school year?

Thanks a bunch you guys. (:
Post edited by parfait on

Replies to: Taking GEs at a CC over the summer...?

• moeymoey Registered User Posts: 314 Member
    I think it doesn't matter when/where you take these classes as long as they're acceptable, but you already know the assist.org site. I got a little confused by what you meant by '2 classes... semester system' though.
    Anyways, I'm sure someone else will confirm/deny what I said, but I don't think there would be any sort of restrictions if it's transferable!
This discussion has been closed.