Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Changed to Chemistry Major

XxstevonzyxXXxstevonzyxX Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I'm a second year here. I changed my major during Week 2 because I was originally a Bio Sci Major and failed Edinger's Bio 97 Midterm. I knew Bio Sci was never for me. Anyway.. Recently I got my DegreeWorks updated to Chemistry (after when I had to call in to the Physical Sciences Academic Counseling) and in order to get in, I had to take Chem 1A-B-C and 1LB-C and other things to get into the Chem major.

My question is. Do I still need to take M2LA-B-C now that I'm a Chemistry major or does the 1LB-C cover it? Because I saw that my DegreeWorks have my gen chem requirements not checked off. I really do not want to deal with the same work again when I already passed two gen chem labs.

I'm scared because if I want to get out on time, I might end up going through mass torture just to get out and I'm burned out a bit from taking 19 units for 3 quarters already... Anybody here that went through the same dilemma of changing to chem?
Post edited by XxstevonzyxX on

Replies to: Changed to Chemistry Major

This discussion has been closed.