Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

High schooler planning to attend UC Irvine Summer Session ...FINANCIAL AID?!

TRUFFLIEPUFFTRUFFLIEPUFF - Posts: 1,999 Senior Member
I'm currently a sophomore in high school and wish to take Introduction to Financial Investments for Session 1 and possibly Intermediate Economics I for Session 2 if my financial resources permit... It will run me around $2,400 for two classes (8 units), and $1,400 for only one class (4 units)...but either way, how generous is the Financial Aid for UC Irvine's summer classes? Hopefully atleast $500 off the tuition? =(
Post edited by TRUFFLIEPUFF on

Replies to: High schooler planning to attend UC Irvine Summer Session ...FINANCIAL AID?!

• moeymoey Registered User Posts: 314 Member
    I don't think they give financial aid (grants) to non-UC students. I looked it up and all i can find is loans.. https://summer.uci.edu/services/financial/aid/private_loans.aspx
    Is there a reason you want to take courses at a UC rather than community college? And you already meet the pre-reqs for those classes?! I think that the Investment course actually requires the intermediate Econ series as a pre-reqs, but idk if the pre-reqs get dropped for summer session.
  • peterr86peterr86 Registered User Posts: 756 Member
    Also for intermediate economics 1 isn't that 100A? which has econ 20a/b series as requirements.

I think for the summer they take off the major restrictions but not the pre-req requirements.

Also 132A needs the entire 100 series +15 series i think
  • xelinkxelink Registered User Posts: 1,125 Senior Member
    econ 100a is relatively easy and if it's anything like 105a(the harder version which I took) if you're bright you can ace it by just bringing a ti83 to your exams

prereq checking is off during the summer. econ 100a is fine to take, not sure about 132, 132 might be a bit more of a stretch.
This discussion has been closed.