Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Biochemistry blocked out in app?

CSB111CSB111 Registered User Posts: 606 Member
I am trying to apply for Biochem + Molec Biology at UCI and it is blocked, meaning I can't chose it. Why is this? I don't want to do normal Bio and that seems to be my only option.
Post edited by CSB111 on

Replies to: Biochemistry blocked out in app?

• oceanpartieroceanpartier Registered User Posts: 779 Member
    That major is only open to Juniors/Seniors (or transfer students I suppose) who are already studying at UCI. It's for Biological Sciences or Ecology and Evolutionary Biology majors who wish to pursue a more specific field. :( I know that's a bummer but there are other UC schools with Biochem majors that you can apply to (I think...). Normal Bio. is your only option.
  • CSB111CSB111 Registered User Posts: 606 Member
    Yeah, I realized that today. Do you know how difficult it is to change majors at UCI? I want to maybe apply for Engineering instead but sure if it is what I want to do yet.
  • oceanpartieroceanpartier Registered User Posts: 779 Member
    You can change your major at Orientation into anything but Business Administration and Engineering. Afterward, you'll have to go through a process to change major but it isn't difficult. Just do some pre-req's for the major you want to go into and file a request (I think...). However, it might be hard to switch into something competitive to get into like Business Admin. or Engineering.
This discussion has been closed.