Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Comp Sci transfer...please help

lumlysumlylumlysumly Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
I was originally a computer science major planning to transfer in 3 years since the first year I had to babysit every single day and that completely conflicted with my schedule and I couldn't take any classes for my major. This summer though my dad found out he is getting laid off next month from work and I could freely take all the classes I need next year for transfer to UCI since he'll be staying at home sadly. I planned out my schedule and I found out I'll be able to finish ALL my major pre-reqs by the end of Spring prior to transfer but the problem is... I'll have 2 pre-reqs done by this Fall 2012 and 4 done by Spring 2013. I'm taking my first English transferable course in the Fall and the second in the Spring. I won't be able to finish IGETC but I'll only be one class shy.

GPA: 3.71
EC's:
Nominated and received an award last spring for involvement in campus.
Vice president of a club
Member of a community service organization
participated in 2 committees
Phi Theta Kappa Organization
Honor's program (I'll finish my honors program [5 honors classes] before I transfer to so I'll transfer with honors)
I'm also planning on starting a club this fall with my friends

My question is...
Do you think UCI would accept me? I'm taking all my major classes late but that's because I had no other option... I'll finish all my major pre-reqs that my CC offers by Spring 2013 though. I won't be able to TAG either since I couldn't take an english transferable course the first year. UCI is also the only school I'm applying to since I'd be able to finish all the pre-reqs only for this school.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm stressing out about this, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.