Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Question about Community College courses taken during high school

CHCOOHCHCOOH Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
I'm taking multivariable calculus right now as a high school senior. The class is a community college course.

I am most likely getting a B in the class. Does this go onto my college GPA? If so, is there any way to withhold the grade?
Post edited by CHCOOH on

Replies to: Question about Community College courses taken during high school

  • junshikjunshik Registered User Posts: 1,888 Senior Member
    No, it will not transfer as part of your UCI GPA. Only the UNITS will transfer.
  • xelinkxelink Registered User Posts: 1,125 Senior Member
    It transfers to your COLLEGE gpa but not your UC GPA.
    If you apply to graduate school it will be included.
  • dowzerwdowzerw Registered User Posts: 2,474 Senior Member
    I believe you can choose to not report it depending on the arrangement you have with your high school and whether it is a course that will count towards your HS graduation requirements. I assume you want the credit for it. A B is not the end of the world.
This discussion has been closed.