Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Is UCI a good school for accounting?

ucgogoucgogo Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
Are there internship opportunities for students who are interested in accounting? And does it prepare students for the CPA exam?

Replies to: Is UCI a good school for accounting?

• kschin1kschin1 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    If you're an undergrad, you can minor in accounting. If you're a graduate student, UCI has an intensive one year MPAc program that is great for people looking to be a CPA.
  • ucgogoucgogo Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    @kschin1 I will be an incoming business admin major student. I know I can do an emphasis in accounting. But does it help with getting a CPA afterwards? And do Big 4 recruit UCI students?
  • kschin1kschin1 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Congrats on getting in!
    I am going to be a sophomore in UCI, so I don't know much. There are counselors who can help you with specifics.
    From what I know, you can definitely get a CPA, and 48% of MPAc students get in the Big 4?
    See here for more info:
    http://catalogue.uci.edu/thepaulmerageschoolofbusiness/undergraduateprograms/#majorstext
  • ucgogoucgogo Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    @kschin1 48% of the MPAs got into the Big 4? Where did you get this info? I am not planning to do a MPA though.
    Can I just declare an emphasis in accounting within the business admin major for CPA? Also, since you are a student at UCI, is the business econ/admin program good? (internship, difficulty)
This discussion has been closed.