Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Korean SAT Subject Test

annibythedayannibytheday Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
So... I'm Korean, but I was born and raised here in the States. My parents speak to me in Korean, but I reply in English, so I'm not super fluent in speaking. I want to take the Korean subject test, but I know I'm probably not going to get an 800. What do I do? Lol. I took a practice test and got near 700, and I didn't really know a lot of the hard vocabulary words. I have no other subject test to offer besides Bio M, because the other subjects I am sure I cannot get over 700 and then what's the point of taking a subject test, which is supposed to showcase your strongest subjects, if I can't do well lol

Replies to: Korean SAT Subject Test

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 23,811 Forum Champion
    Does UCI have specific Subject test recommendations for your major? If so, you should take the recommended tests but if not then a 700 is not a bad score especially if there are no recommendations made by UCI.
  • svlab112svlab112 Registered User Posts: 443 Member
    The November Subject test has a 20 min. listening component. You have to bring a DVD player and headphones and specifically sign up for it in advance. This might boost your score assuming a November test date works for your timing.
This discussion has been closed.