Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Chance me please

MustangBlueMustangBlue Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
Junior year of High School completed (Male Student, white)- Planning to Major in Political Science. California Resident

Overall unweighted HS GPA: 3.36 Upward trend from a 2.8 freshman year. Class rank is a horrible 38 of 68.

Senior classes: (With grades, but those grades are not included in the 3.36 average unfortuately)

Jazz Band - A
English 4 - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Christian Living/Bible- A
Trig/Precalc - B
PE - A
Academic Decathlon - A

Since UCI has a Nov 30 application date, these grades won't count I guess.

SAT Reasoning Scores: Critical Reading- 690 Math- 650 Writing- 640
Overall- 1980

SAT Subject tests: Literature- 670 Math II- 540 (I'm retaking this, I was off by one question number on over half the test and thought I fixed it but I guess not) US history- 560 (Same deal, also retaking)

ECs:

Jazz Band 9th grade, 12th grade (first chair tenor saxophone.

Varsity Golf- Junior year, Senior year

Varsity Soccer- Sophomore year

National Honor Society Member

CSF Member

Journalism/Publications for two years, and continuing senior year and throughout college. High school online newspaper won the NSPA national Pacemaker award for high school newspapers while I was a staff writer. Pacemaker finalist my junior year. Featured on the High School Journalism "National Edition" junior year for a published article (meaning I have an article published on a national medium, and many published pieces of writing on my high school's online and print edition newspapers). One of my articles recieved Honorable Mention at the NSPA competition.

Opinions Editor of above mentioned award-winning high school newspaper

Refs:

Excellent refs from English teacher and councilor stating that "my GPA in no way reflects by academic ability."

Essay: Very good essay

If you have any other suggestions for schools in California, Boston, or NYC (Manhattan), please suggest.

I already have my State University safety schools in order. NYU is my first choice.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by MustangBlue on

Replies to: Chance me please

This discussion has been closed.