Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

internships and CPA exam with biz econ?

tenacious.soltenacious.sol Registered User Posts: 246 Junior Member
I've heard that Irvine in general has good opportunities for anyone in the "business major" area like econ or biz econ. I know UCI doesn't give as many opportunities as let's say UCLA's biz econ people, but can you explain to me how the opportunities are for UCI? Does the big 4 accounting firms recruit over at UCI also and finally does is that accounting minor enough to help you sit for the CPA exam? Thanks

*P.S how are the science internship opps?
Post edited by tenacious.sol on

Replies to: internships and CPA exam with biz econ?

• xeno911xeno911 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    the business school for the accounting minor here is selective so you can definitely get a job with it since recruiters are aware of the difficulty of the minor. i've heard that the big 4 firms will hire you, but i'm not very informed on the accounting field since i'm a different major.

as for being enough for the CPA exam, according to my social ecology advisor, it's not, since it's only a minor you won't get as much knowledge as a major.
This discussion has been closed.