right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Chances: UCLA and other assorted UC schools

goomba25goomba25 42 replies7 threads Junior Member
I am posting this here for Bravofleet. The resume follows.

Thanks ahead to anyone who replies to my post.
(also applying to UC Irvine, UC San Diego, UC Davis, UC Berkeley, and UC Riverside)

Cumulative GPA (10-11th grade)
4.66 (UC weighted)
SAT 1:
750 Math 720 Verbal
SAT 2:
740 MATH IIC 720 WRITING 700 US History

AP Results:
Euro History-4
US History-5
Biology-5
Chemistry-4

Current Class Schedule:
1. Physics-AP, US Government-AP, Macroeconomics-AP, AP Statistics, AP Calculus BC, and AP Literature and Composition

EC's:
Japanese Club
Red Cross
CSF (California Scholarship Federation)
NHS (National Honor Society)
100+ hours of community service

Note* I'd have to say my weakest area is my EC's. I belong to several clubs and I did participate but I wasn't that active (at least be a "super member") or hold an officer position in any of them. I also never participated in any sports or play in band or orchestra. Worst of all, I completely regret not having dedicated my community service hours to a particular cause or show a strong interest in anything. And I was never employed.

I really focused my efforts on my GPA and my coursework but I just never did much about my EC's. Nobody told me that 100+ hour wasn't enough to impress even the most remedial colleges! I've heard that the UC system is mostly a number games and I'm praying this is true.
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity