Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I fulfill the Writing II requirement my first quarter of freshman year?

thatoneshortgirlthatoneshortgirl Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I am currently enrolled in a G.E. Political Science class that does not fulfill the Writing II requirement but I want to switch to a Comparative Lit class that does because I'm only taking three classes this quarter and I'm thinking I can handle the writing II class because I'm only taking three classes? How much of a workload is a Writing II class? Should I drop poli sci for it?

Please and thank you for your comments in advance.
Post edited by thatoneshortgirl on

Replies to: Should I fulfill the Writing II requirement my first quarter of freshman year?

• phospholipasephospholipase Registered User Posts: 686 Member
    The difficulty depends entirely on the course material, the instructor, and student aptitude. If you find a comparative literature class interesting, definitely try taking it. You don't need to rush this requirement. There shouldn't be any problems with that courseload if you're not a bad student.
  • azngamer54azngamer54 Registered User Posts: 705 Member
    If your main reason for doing so is because you are worried about the requirement, then you shouldn't switch. You will have lots of chances later on to fulfill the Writing 2 requirement, and when you get higher enrollment priority, you will have a better chance enrolling for an easier writing 2.

I fulfilled my writing 2 during my last quarter lol.
  • IAmMarsIAmMars Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    I agree with the above.

Only switch if this is a class you actually want to take. Who knows, maybe your major will fulfill your requirement.
This discussion has been closed.