Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

question about double majoring at ucla?

rollbackccrollbackcc Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
hi. if i double major, with one major in the school of engineering and another in the school of arts and architecture, do i have to complete the ge requirements for both? for example, school of engineering requires 24 ge units while school of art and architecture requires 38 ge units. Also, the school of arts and architecture requires one year of ucla foreign language while the school of engineering does not at all. Will I have to take foreign language? Thanks. I want to double major in Computer Science and Music Composition (or regular Music), not sure yet. i will be a freshman.
Post edited by rollbackcc on

Replies to: question about double majoring at ucla?

  • hyacinthiahyacinthia Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    I believe that if you declare your primary major to be in either school, you only need to fulfill the GE requirements for your primary major's school. I inquired about this issue as well, since I was thinking I'd like to double major in a language while also being in the School of Arts & Architecture.
  • mikemacmikemac Registered User Posts: 10,249 Senior Member
    The website says
    For double majors with one HSSEAS major and one major outside HSSEAS, the primary major must be in HSSEAS.
This discussion has been closed.