Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it hard to double major at UCLA?

2»

Replies to: Is it hard to double major at UCLA?

• sazagbruinsazagbruin Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    Yeah flop dog i think north campus avg is like 3.2 whereas south is around 2.8
  • UCLAriUCLAri Registered User Posts: 14,740 Senior Member
    Yeah flop dog i think north campus avg is like 3.2 whereas south is around 2.8

Flop dog? I'm sure flopsy will just love you for that...

Another reason for that is the fact that many south campus classes are curved on a bell curve. I wonder if grading policies changed on north campus to bell curves, what would happen to GPAs?
  • rExRuN467rExRuN467 Registered User Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    ^ dude if that happened, my GPA is screwed.
  • flopsyflopsy Registered User Posts: 8,368 Senior Member
    sazagbruin wrote:
    flop dog
    :rolleyes:
  • Just DuckyJust Ducky Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    UCLAri....
    Would you mind sharing which history class was the "insanely difficult" one?
  • UCLAriUCLAri Registered User Posts: 14,740 Senior Member
    Just Ducky,

I think I'll withold the info, because I honestly believe that the class should still be taken. It was the best history class I took at UCLA, and most of the CC.com grade grubbers wouldn't understand that.
  • Just DuckyJust Ducky Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    I totally understand. Thanks anyway!
  • jhype17@yahoo.co[email protected] Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    I'm double majoring in Atmospheric Science and Geography. Atmos Sci is similar requirements to pre-med minus the LS series, and a few different upper-divs. I decided I'm going to go to grad school for Geography but I'm hanging on to Atmos Sci because I chose which school to go to based on that and I enjoy the material, but I can't see myself working in science the rest of my life (south campus sucks :P). So far, I've found it pretty tough. I thought that Geography would be easy... this quarter I'm taking 4 upper-division Geo classes and I pretty much want to cry. 90 pages of research papers to write, not to mention at least 1,000 pages of reading a week. But, I suppose it is doable. Overall I feel like if you're double majoring in two humanities subjects it may be a bit easier because there might be overlapping classes which count for both majors--I don't have this luxury with the whole North Campus/South Campus split. But what I have learned is that you should NOT DISCOUNT the difficulty of ANY major... they're all hard in certain aspects. If you think you're ready for a challenge and willing to do summer school (who wouldn't be, I hate going home to my craphole town)... I'd say double majoring is fine.
2»
This discussion has been closed.