Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Check out my appeal letter if you could

2»

Replies to: Check out my appeal letter if you could

• pryrtgtrilinhpryrtgtrilinh Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    shaqpak- I would have to say that recent family problems would be considered somewhat irrelevant. They rejected you because you don't meet their standards, and merely maintaining your mediocrity will not pursuade them to accept you, even if you experienced a few hardships. If it does come from recent times, they want awards, accomplishments, or anything that shows you have improved. However, if this is all you can write about, you should still give it a shot, demonstrating how these problems have changed you.
  • subsidonsubsidon Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    first off i wish you all the best of luck in your appeals

however i am inclined to agree with hellokitty11, these things are not the REAL reason you couldn't study. Out of 47,000 applicants, probably everyone has their own story, how something didn't go their way. For some people, it is life altering (hellokitty's friend) and they wrote about it, it has shaped who they are. I know no one likes to hear this (myself included), just dont get your hopes too high and work with what you have and everything will work out in the end.
  • shaqpak34shaqpak34 Registered User Posts: 238 Junior Member
    aight thanks for your input pryrtgtrilinh
  • smiles77smiles77 Registered User Posts: 247 Junior Member
    hmm. although i do wish you the best of luck during your appeal time. i do not like your letter at all. i agree with the other cc member that said it sounded really fabricated, etc. also, although your vocabulary was good, i was stumbled on a few sections with your grammar. i would seriously reconsider the content though because what you talked about, anybody and everybody probably went through too. every family, probably has problems, everybody probably has chores to do and more because someone else isn't doing them. i never appealed so i wouldn't know what to write, however, write about something that makes you stand out of the rest of the ucla community, something that makes you stick out among the rest of the appealers. good luck.
2»
This discussion has been closed.