right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

which school is better for pre-med: UCLA or UCSD?

funnymanfunnyman 831 replies130 threads Member
Respond away!
edited March 2006
4 replies
Post edited by funnyman on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: which school is better for pre-med: UCLA or UCSD?

• tuketuke 124 replies10 threads Junior Member
    probably ucsd, but this is just the word on the street. im not sure, and i have no stats to backup my statement. :rolleyes:
    · Reply · Share
  • mariopuzomariopuzo 438 replies51 threads Member
    it all depends on what you want. if you want an extremely in depth science education if you don't get into med school (because only 30% of applicants do), then SD is probably your best choice. San Diego is among the best in the world for biological sciences as well as chemistry.

However, if you're looking to be a little more well rounded going into med school or otherwise, i would suggest LA due to the fact that it has more diverse educational opportunities. Now, that sounds cheesy, but its true.

As for the med school/gpa concerns, do not think that LA and SD have a great difference in competitiveness. Both schools are comparable, if not equal, in the rigor of their curriculums and students.
    · Reply · Share
  • CC AdminCC Admin 29515 replies3000 threadsAdministrator Senior Member
    is ucsd or ucla any better than berkeley for pre-med? i know berkeley is uber-tough to get a good gpa, i assume ucla and ucsd are the same
    · Reply · Share
  • mariopuzomariopuzo 438 replies51 threads Member
    berkeley would be the hardest of the three to get a good gpa, especially in pre-med courses.

la and sd are around the same, youre right.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity