right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Late SIR for UCLA?

delayodelayo 11 replies2 threads New Member
So after a lot of pressure, I submitted my SIR to UC Davis on the deadline, after choosing between that and UCLA. Now I’m thinking I made the wrong choice. If I were to call UCLA admissions, is there a chance they would allow me to submit a late SIR? I’m also thinking because of the current pandemic maybe they’d be more lenient.
edited July 13
10 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Late SIR for UCLA?

• happy1happy1 24205 replies2429 threads Super Moderator
    All you can do is ask
    · Reply · Share
  • delayodelayo 11 replies2 threads New Member
    Yeah true
    · Reply · Share
  • blackcat2blackcat2 63 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I'm currently in the same situation! I called admissions and they said to fill out this form https://www.admission.ucla.edu/ContactForm/NewBruins.aspx explaining your situation.
    · Reply · Share
    Oh awesome! Thank you so much. Do you happen to have an idea of like the waiting period to get the decision?
    · Reply · Share
    They said they'd try to reach back by wednesday/thursday i think
    · Reply · Share
    For sure thank you
    · Reply · Share
    Hey! Just wanted to let you know my request was approved and I hope your is too <3
    · Reply · Share
    That's amazing! I submitted mine a little later, so I haven't gotten anything yet. Sorry to keep asking questions, but, were you guaranteed housing, or were you put on a waitlist? I know housing there fills up quick
    · Reply · Share
  • jp657584jp657584 4 replies4 threads New Member
    Hi, I'm in a similar situation but as a transfer student, did UCLA respond?
    · Reply · Share
    Hi, so the first time I emailed, they denied me (first week of May). Towards the end of the month, one of my parents actually emailed without my knowing and I guess she was passive aggressive enough to the point that they offered me a spot. I sound so spoiled as I type that, but that’s definitely not the case lol. As a transfer it might be different. Good luck!!
    · Reply · Share