right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

10s4life10s4life Forum Champion UCLA 2509 replies53 threads Forum Champion
Hello potential Bruins!

It’s about that time of year again as the UC application cycle is about to begin. I’m 10s4life, the current UCLA Forum Moderator. I’m a new alumnus of UCLA and used to work for admissions as an Engineering Ambassador. @Gumbymom is the overall UC Moderator and is a knowledgeable expert on the increasingly complicated UC admissions process.

We are in unprecedented times and this will be a unique application cycle given the test optional policy the university has moved towards.

Please feel free to discuss about anything UCLA related here. There are many knowledgeable posters that are here to help. Also helpful are the previous Class discussions, waitlist discussions, and admit stats threads that are all pinned to the top of the UCLA forum. You can reach the UCLA forum by clicking the University of California, Los Angeles link at the very top of this thread. Best of luck and go Bruins!
edited July 13
6 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

• SDSUHopefulClassof2025SDSUHopefulClassof2025 16 replies3 threads Junior Member
    do you know if UCLA is looking at test scores
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30726 replies443 threads Forum Champion
    @SDSUHopefulClassof2025: UCLA is test optional this admission cycle and next admission cycle, meaning if you submit test scores they will consider them.
    · Reply · Share
  • 10s4life10s4life Forum Champion UCLA 2509 replies53 threads Forum Champion
    I think something that is up in the air, is how will candidates be considered who don't submit test scores.
    · Reply · Share
  • Juicyfruit2443Juicyfruit2443 4 replies2 threads New Member
    Will semester grades for the last semester be considered if they were letter grades and not Pass/No Pass. My grades did drop a little ( I got 1 B and 1 C) because it was hard getting used to distance learning, and just wanted to know if it will affect my chances of getting accepted in a negative way
    · Reply · Share
  • 10s4life10s4life Forum Champion UCLA 2509 replies53 threads Forum Champion
    @Juicyfruit2443 Grades from 10th-11th grad are considered for admission. Grades from senior year are considered after you are admitted for rescinding purposes
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30726 replies443 threads Forum Champion
    @Juicyfruit2443: Here is the information posted by the UC’s.
    The temporary suspension of the letter grade requirement for A-G courses applies to all A-G coursework completed in spring and summer 2020, including coursework completed by students currently in 9th, 10th, and 11th grades.

The Pass or Credit grade in spring and summer 2020 will continue to meet A-G requirements for any student currently enrolled in high school during the 2019-20 academic year.

Unfortunately, if your school gave letter grades for Spring semester 2020, they will be considered in the UC GPA calculation but I am sure admissions is aware that changing to a fully on-line semester was a hardship for all students and this will be taken into account.
    · Reply · Share