Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
SubMachineNipsSubMachineNips Registered User Posts: 599 Member
OOS White Male (New Jersey)
UC GPA: 4.0 (I think i calculated this correctly)
UW GPA: 3.64
ACT: 30 (27R 33M 31E 29S)
SAT: 1250/1900 (560CR 690M 650W)
Rank (as of 3rd MP so could have gone up): 12/83 (Top 15% and rising)

Will be sending ACT and probably be retaking the ACT in the fall cause that was the first time I took it.

Courseload: 4APs by the time I graduate (school only offers 6-7 per year), 6 Honors

ECs:
Baseball (4 yr)
Bowling (2 yr)
NHS (2 yr)
Science Team (2 yr)
Math Team (2 yr)
Summer job (4 yr)

upward trend in grades (3 Bs 3 As soph year, 4As 1 B jr. year)

i'm pretty sure my SATs put me in deep **** but i think my ACT is OK. any input?
Post edited by SubMachineNips on

Replies to: Chances

• MrSpamMrSpam Registered User Posts: 1,175 Senior Member
    You need 2 SAT2s as well. Once you send your SAT2 scores, it automatically sends your SAT1 scores as well. Your stats are roughly equivalent to mine when I applied, although I had a higher GPA and I was instate, so it might be a little harder for you. Do well on your SAT2s and we'll see from there.
  • SubMachineNipsSubMachineNips Registered User Posts: 599 Member
    Yeah the other schools I'm applying to like UMich and UWisc don't require SAT2s, but the one I did take was Bio in 9th grade and I got a 600 :\ ...I got a 5 on the AP Chem so I would probably be capable of nearly an 800 on the Chem SAT2 and I think I could do pretty well on one of the math ones if I take them in October.
  • ronald2007ronald2007 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    bring up you SATs to the 2000s and try to get 800s on you SATs2...hold leadership positions as well..and one of the most important write a really good essay. you should start as soon as possible so you get it corrected. but write a really good one.
  • MrSpamMrSpam Registered User Posts: 1,175 Senior Member
    Remember, it's Math Level 2 only. Don't bother with Level 1. Also, the Chem SAT2 has a funky portion where you have 2 columns, it's really hard to explain. I suggest you get a practice book for that.
    Ronald, I don't have time to take the SAT2s AND SATs again...so I'll probably just send the ACTs (hopefully they just convert it to 2050 SAT like I think it converts to) and take Chem and Math SAT2s in October...I heard about the chem thing, my friend took it and told me.
  • ShrinkrapShrinkrap Registered User Posts: 11,790 Senior Member
    "2050 SAT like I think it converts to"

Is that using this formula?
    From http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/freshman/exam_eligibility.html

Eligibility by Examination Alone

Calculating the UC Score Total

If you took the ACT plus Writing exam: Convert your highest math, reading, science and combined English/writing score from a single sitting to equivalent UC scores (see the translation table below). Multiply the sum of your converted math, reading and science scores by two-thirds, then add the converted English/writing score. Add this subtotal to your two highest SAT Subject Test scores from two different subject areas, which are also converted to equivalent UC Scores. Example: (math + reading + science) x 0.667 + English/writing + Subject Test 1 + Subject Test 2) = UC Score Total.
  • kick53rv3kick53rv3 Registered User Posts: 1,803 Senior Member
    well you still have oct, nov and december to take SAT and SATII so I don't see why you say you don't have time to take them
    I've already taken the SATs twice (got 1830 on the first one). I don't know if taking them a third time is wise.

EDIT: I saw that site earlier. A 30 ACT was 80 points as was an average of 680 on each section of the SAT, which=2040. This gives me a 2010.

http://www.collegeboard.com/prod_downloads/highered/ra/sat/satACT_concordance.pdf
  • kick53rv3kick53rv3 Registered User Posts: 1,803 Senior Member
    I believe they don't average them out until you take SAT the 4th time...
  • flopsyflopsy Registered User Posts: 8,368 Senior Member
    SubMachineNips:

UCLA: Reach (out of state)
  • bannana_girlbannana_girl Registered User Posts: 1,093 Member
    reach

get that sat to 2200+...ur chances will drastically improve
This discussion has been closed.