Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Tennis shoes???

hater_of_hatershater_of_haters Registered User Posts: 1,037 Senior Member
Hi guys,

my orientation session is TOMORROW!!!! the only walking utensil i brought with me is a pair of flip-flops.

my question is that will a pair of flip-flops suffice for 3 days of orientation? or do I need tennis shoes? thanks!!!
Post edited by hater_of_haters on

Replies to: Tennis shoes???

• hater_of_hatershater_of_haters Registered User Posts: 1,037 Senior Member
    also, when is the check-in time???
  • CharismaCharisma Registered User Posts: 710 Member
    I managed to survive carpe noctem (basically the only time you'd actually need tennis shoes because you have to run) with flip flops, but it'd would have been a lot easier with tennis shoes, so you'd probably be better off bringing them just in case because even if you don't do carpe noctem, there's still a lot of walking.
    wuts carpe noctem anyways?
  • CharismaCharisma Registered User Posts: 710 Member
    It's a scavenger hunt in the middle of the night where they give you a list of hints and a polaroid camera and your group of 10 has to find the locations and take pictures in front of it. Mine was pretty enjoyable, but a lot of groups quit part way through. Oh, and it does take a long time though (2 hours for our group), but if you win, you get free sweatshirts.
    i'll do it just for the sweatshirts, :)

ok, one last question, when is check in time???
  • DrasticDrastic Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    You should bring a pair of tennis shoes in case.. One person in my group for carpe noctem broke her flip flops and had to leave before it started.. So it would be better to have backup =)

check in is at 8 am
    hear hear, thanks guys and girls, :)
  • aurora borealisaurora borealis - Posts: 124 Junior Member
    You will get better at traversing the mountains and jungles of UCLA... and more capable of dodging the bears and wild of BruinWalk as you go along and continue your brisk walks and occasional hikes over the mountains, hills, and across the non-existent lakes.
  • yahoooyahooo Registered User Posts: 1,386 Senior Member
    During Carpe Noctem on Bruinwalk, some OC's (I think) were hiding behind a tree and tossing water balloons at us. so sneaky..
  • rosedustrosedust Registered User Posts: 418 Member
    lol @ aurora. xD
This discussion has been closed.