Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

out of staters questions

dawritingmachinedawritingmachine Registered User Posts: 756 Member
1. I still need to buy more dorm stuff. Did you go shopping in LA? I'm planning to do that but I'm afraid that they'll run out..I looked in Ikea today in MN and didn't buy anything for myself cuz I want to do this in LA??

2. A bit forward: Do private U med schs consider that an out of stater beat the odds of getting into UCLA undergrad?
Post edited by dawritingmachine on

Replies to: out of staters questions

• UCDAlum82UCDAlum82 Registered User Posts: 1,084 Senior Member
    I know this is going to sound weird, but LA does have stores. Lots of them. And shopping malls, lots and lots of them. And stores you can walk to right there in Westwood. And buses that will take you to shopping districts. And if you don't have time to leave campus to get things, you can order them online and have them shipped to your dorm. (My daughter did this while she was at a summer program at UCLA.) So I wouldn't panic too much on the buying stuff for your dorm room.
  • aurora borealisaurora borealis - Posts: 124 Junior Member
    Yes, I did my shopping in LA. I just brought two large suitcases and my bare essentials.
This discussion has been closed.