Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

birth control pills from ashe

moldaumoldau Registered User Posts: 1,375 Senior Member
how does one go about this?
Post edited by moldau on

Replies to: birth control pills from ashe

• fastMEdfastMEd - Posts: 1,073 Member
    do you know if they offer that day after pill at ashe?

post #777
  • moldaumoldau Registered User Posts: 1,375 Senior Member
    yes, that question too
  • heinsheins Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    aaaand my lady friend asks the same question - but what if she doesn't have SHIP?
  • __allie____allie__ Registered User Posts: 3,066 Senior Member
    I'd suggest checking out http://aces-lux.livejournal.com/

they do a pretty good job of answering all of these kinds of questions.
    allie you are fabulous
  • __allie____allie__ Registered User Posts: 3,066 Senior Member
    psh. obviously : )
  • rosedustrosedust Registered User Posts: 418 Member
    You can buy the morning afterpill at ASHE as long as you have your ID and are 18+. You do not need SHIP for this. You can pay by check or charge it to your BAR and it will go under misc fees. Though I'm not sure if it's just misc fees or ashe misc fees.

If you want any other type of control you'd have to see a doctor and get a prescription. You can also get a prescription for the morning afterpill, but the only difference is that if it's prescribed it's labeled + no tax. You'll also have to wait, whereas if you buy it directly there's tax and you get it then and there.

As for pricing it will vary depending on what you get. Sometimes the prices will be the same with or without ship but other times there's a big difference. Just depends on what you get and how the insurance is doing. I know some prices got jacked up but I'm not sure how much has changed since June. Hope that helps. =)
  • heinsheins Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    thanks to the both of you!
    JW,

aceslux says ashe does sti testing for free, but somewhere else says you need to pay if you don't have ship.

where else is close and you don't need ship? besides im scared of the people at ashe. they laughed at my eye zit.
  • rushrules1rushrules1 - Posts: 134 Junior Member
    ^^Try the L.A. free clinic (http://www.lafreeclinic.org/medical.htm). There's one on Beverly Blvd. near the Beverly Ctr. Mall. I forgot the cross street.

They open at 7:30 Am on weekdays but people start lining up at 6 Am or earlier.
  • thesuperjlaithesuperjlai Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    so i'm thinking about getting birth control pills. i know i have to go see a doctor and get a prescription written up and everything first.

thing is, i'd like to get them without my parents figuring it out. if i go to ashe, will it go on some type of record that will be sent to my parents? i'd pay for the bc in cash and everything... i just want to make sure that theres a way i can do it discreetly. i don't really know much so give me any advice you can. thanks!
  • flopsyflopsy Registered User Posts: 8,368 Senior Member
    moldau, no! :rolleyes:
  • aurora borealisaurora borealis - Posts: 124 Junior Member
    Lets not pass judgment.
  • flopsyflopsy Registered User Posts: 8,368 Senior Member
    moldau, yes! :rolleyes:
  • hibiscuspinkhibiscuspink - Posts: 1,344 Senior Member
    Ooh, what about condoms? Is there like a bowl of them in the waiting room at ASHE or something?
This discussion has been closed.