Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
fearfullivingfearfulliving Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
Hey guys. I know how good the food at UCLA is reputed to be but I was wondering what your opinions are regarding the food. Also, what do you guys think is the best food they serve?
Post edited by fearfulliving on

Replies to: Food?

• eiffelguy87eiffelguy87 Registered User Posts: 2,268 Senior Member
    Food at UCLA is marvelous; though if not rotated often enough, it can get boring.

The omelettes are the best (makes a great hot breakfast).

Though you do get tired after a while so Westwood has great places to eat. Mr. Noodles is one of them, BJ's, California Pizza Kitchen, Filafel, etc..
  • pixiedanzerpixiedanzer Registered User Posts: 770 Member
    everybody go to:

[url]http://www.**************.com/college_rankings.asp[/url]

it's like the 411 of rankings that the Princeton Review and Fiske Guide don't go over like food, and superficial stuff such as the attractiveness of the student body. LoL

UCLA is at the top of most lists :)
    i hav eno idea why it gets bleeped?

it's c o l l e g e p r o w l e r. com
  • kfc4ukfc4u Registered User Posts: 3,415 Senior Member
    pixiedanzer, the link doesnt work?

the food at ucla is really good. i thought it might be overrated at first, but after trying dorm food at some other schools, i became a lot more appreciative of ucla's "dorm" food. its not like a restaurant or anything, but it's something to look forward to. like eiffelguy said, theres a lot of good places to get food in the surrounding area too.
    yeah type www. c o l l e g e p r o w l e r. com

(without putting the spacing between the letters) i space it out becuase it gets bleeped in stars for whatever reason. then click "rankings" at the top of the page. it's a really fun website.
  • WestowWestow Registered User Posts: 721 Member
    hey cool site... LoL apparently UCLA ranks #1 in the guys category?? hahah
    yeah isn't it wonderful? haha
  • aim78aim78 Registered User Posts: 1,336 Senior Member
    Cool site. The only dorm food I've tasted is at USC, and that got pretty nasty after awhile. They put garlic in absolutely everything.

UCLA got an A rating for girls, Berkeley got a C. Berkeley just took a major hit in my book.
    LoL aim78. But then again UCLA has rank 1 guys so if you go there, there might be a lot of competition for you.
  • aim78aim78 Registered User Posts: 1,336 Senior Member
    That won't be a problem.
  • 2bad4u2bad4u Registered User Posts: 480 Member
    "i hav eno idea why it gets bleeped?

it's c o l l e g e p r o w l e r. com"

Has anyone checked the weather section

A+ Scripps College Claremont, CA
    A Pitzer College Claremont, CA
    A Harvey Mudd College Claremont, CA
    A Pomona College Claremont, CA

what makes scripps A+, weird I never experienced better weather a block away. Somebody should research such weird phenomenon
  • kfc4ukfc4u Registered User Posts: 3,415 Senior Member
    "UCLA got an A rating for girls, Berkeley got a C. "

no offense to berkeley girls, but almost every guy who's visited both campuses has to agree. i actually saw a berkeley facebook group that was something like "there are actually hot girls at berkeley" and it had like 30 something people in it. hehe
  • flopsyflopsy Registered User Posts: 8,368 Senior Member
    I can't believe UCLA is rated #1 for Guys. I mean... come on...
    LoL are u disputing that flopsy?

i haven't been to the campus yet, but yeah i was surprised it beat out UCSB and Texas A and M!

"what makes scripps A+, weird I never experienced better weather a block away. Somebody should research such weird phenomenon"

2bad4u Scripps is not even a block away...more like a few feet!!! that's so funny!
    hey someone convince some couple thousand hot girls from UCLA to come over to UCB and that would make my choice of deciding between the two colleges a LOT easier LoL jk.

and btw the C that UCB got was based on availablity, friendliness, etc. So mayb UCB has a bunch of hot girls but they are like all shy and all focused on school and thus the C grade.
This discussion has been closed.