Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Intended APs, do we take them?

scorpscorp Registered User Posts: 994 Member
What if we put an AP Down on the intended APs list on the UC App that we no longer want to take, do we still have to take it? I don't want to take one of the APs... what if I mess up on one and decide to cancel my score? What then?
Post edited by scorp on

Replies to: Intended APs, do we take them?

• kfc4ukfc4u Registered User Posts: 3,415 Senior Member
    No you don't have to take that intended AP.

My counselor told me not to take one of the APs I had put down, so I didn't, and nothing happened as far as admissions goes.
  • j3ffj3ff Registered User Posts: 359 Member
    i don't think not taking an ap test will affect anything major
  • kfc4ukfc4u Registered User Posts: 3,415 Senior Member
    "i don't think not taking an ap test will affect anything major"

hmm actually... AP English can be important. If you dont have the 680 SAT II writing score, you'll need a 4 or 5 I believe on the AP English (either test) to pass you out of the Writing I requirement. It's not big, but I'd rather pass out of an intro writing class.

AP foreign language too. It can fulfill your foreign language requirement, so you don't have to either A) take a placement exam or B) take foreign language in college.
  • nobleguy05nobleguy05 Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
    I'm really dreading that foreign language requirement. I only took two years of Spanish in high school my sophomore and junior years, and so I'm going to be rusty next year :( I'm thinking I might take it over the summer at a JC or something.
  • Fanta87Fanta87 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    does anyone know if the SAT II Spanish can fulfill the FL requirement. I got a 770, and I don't really feel like taking the AP test.
This discussion has been closed.