I've chanced here before without SAT scores. I'd like to know where I stand. If it helps, a UCLA essay reader who visited my school saw my transcript, ECs, and statements and said I had a good shot at UCLA and Berkeley, which I was surprised at. She did not see my SAT. She said my statement was the best she had read all day. Hopefully she's right! I know my stats aren't amazing, but I do think I have somewhat of a shot. (Also, I have ELC status and apparently have entrance into UC Irvine).
• Female junior from CA
• UC GPA: 4.05
• MAJOR: Undeclared
• AP COURSES:
Sophomore year -
AP Euro (score: 2)
English 10 Honors
Junior Year -
AP English Lang & Comp (5)
I also took a psych course at a CC last summer that I'm told will count like an AP Psych course - which I earned an "A" in.
AP English - likely A
AP Stats - likely A or A-
AP Econ - possibly a B
AP Spanish - likely A
I took a college Art History course that I earned an A in over the summer.
• SAT IIs:
US History: 730
Literature: 580 first time, 640 second time
- Newspaper: A&E Editor Junior Year, Editor-in-Chief Senior Year
- Visual and Performing Arts Academy - Visual Art Major (Countless hours put into college art courses, art exhibitions, etc. In senior year I graduate from the academy with a diploma.)
- By end of senior year, graduate of Ryman Arts @ USC (A prestigious, application-based program for gifted high school artists. I was awarded an $8,000 scholarship to attend this program.)
- Junior Year - "Link Crew" mentor for Freshmen
- Junior Year and Senior Year - Commissioner of Publicity for Helping Hands Club (Club that offers tutoring to students who need it)
- Hundreds of hrs. working at my Church for Arts & Crafts - throughout HS
- Blue Honor Roll all four yrs.
- Art Awards - "Best in Visual Art," "Most Improved," etc.
• CURRENT CLASS RANK (out of 522): 22 (top 4%)
• ESSAY: Highlights my extremely unique ethnic background, talks about my family and reveals my sense of humor. I think it was a really moving essay, and have heard it from multiple people.