Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Waitlisted

Replies to: Waitlisted

• daisy94daisy94 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I haven't known anything. I have a brother who goes there and spoke with an admissions counselor but the guy said to wait and we will hear back latest by May 9th.
    Good luck! Hope we get in!
  • fishmayfishmay Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    I got waitlisted for psychology major. and i checked the FAQs they say we will be notified BEFORE may 9th. this is very soon compares to UCI and UCD. or all the other UCs.
  • instruinstru Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Today on the account it says :

At this time, we are currently analyzing the number of Statements of Intent to Register (SIRs) we have received from freshman applicants against the space we have available (classrooms, labs, etc.) to ascertain whether we will be able to admit students from our waitlist. As soon as this determination is made, it will be reflected on your account. We expect to finalize this process by May 18. We realize this is an extremely stressful time for our waitlisted population, and remain committed to releasing decisions as soon as we have completed our analysis. Thank you for your continued patience.

that's so late.
  • ConnorR15ConnorR15 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    A quick word of reassurance to the people that were waitlisted, especially if you were waitlisted to BCOE or to CNAS as a Bio/BioChem/Chem major: I was having a discussion with my schools head counselor last week regarding the admissions process, and he was explaining that, because the "Pre-Med" and Engineering majors are the most impacted, admission to those majors is the most competitive at UCR. I can assure you of the accuracy of this information, and hopefully it will give you a little reassurance that, as the adage goes, "Its not you; its them."

If that's no cause for reassurance, then at least take this: I was admitted to CNAS as a BioChem major, but then switched my major to Physics -- one of the least impacted majors in CNAS -- meaning there's now an extra spot for you BioChem folk;) Best of luck to everyone!
    @ degenerated I saw that you were waitlisted last year to UCR, I'm in that situation right now and I was just wondering did you know of others that were waitlisted but didnt get in?
    Waitlist Notificaton Update

Unfortunately, we must extend our waitlist notification timeframe past May 18th because we are still in the process of determining available space for our waitlisted population. We know this is a frustrating time and we apologize for the delay. This timeframe extension is necessary due to several system- and campus-wide matters, including the current budget environment and available classroom seats. In the meantime, we encourage you to solidify your college plans at other institutions. As soon as a decision has been made, it will appear on your MyUCR account.
    I JUST GOT ACCEPTED RIGHT NOW!

they said "Welcome to the University of California, Riverside and MyUCR.

We are glad you decided to pursue your education at one of the nation's finest institutions. Take a good look at UCR. You're going to like what you see!"
  • dayvidtangdayvidtang Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Does that mean you're accepted?
    I'm pretty sure it does! because they would have said something along the lines of " I'm sorry..." or "we regret to inform you.." if they rejected me
  • dayvidtangdayvidtang Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I have that too and I'm afraid it's to people who didn't get in D; it sounds like the message you get when you first register and they didn't change it to denial yet
  • MomAnxietyMomAnxiety Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    My son was waitlisted and now his has the new "Welcome" message, as well. I hope it is an admission for you all. At this point, he's already accepted elsewhere, so I am not sure he will be changing his mind.
  • essencemattersessencematters Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    @instru I want to be hopeful right now too but with budget cuts going on with California and Riverside taking so long, I can't help but to wonder if they will be accepting kids off the waitlist. And I don't think that means that you have been accepted. I think there was either a glitch in the system or something or they renewed the website because if they admitted us it would have said "Congrulations, you've been admitted!" But I'm praying everyday that we get in because I truly believe that there are qualifying students that should have gotten accepted like us. Kids that actually want to go there.
  • ucirvine789ucirvine789 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    yah it doesnt mean ur in i think its just saying thanks for choosing ucr , doesnt mean ur denied or anything but we still have to wait for our decision i just got that message as well. It would have said congratulations u have like come off the waitlist and have been accpeted i got excited too :(
    my portal went back to the waitlist information.. about the deadline being extended.. anyone elses?

And @ essencematters you're right :/
  • WilliamMWilliamM Registered User Posts: 36 New Member
    A factor as to why it is taking so long is that other schools have waitlists/appeals to go through also. In my case, I was supposedly going to UCR but got accepted to UCI two days ago and I am now withdrawing my SIR. So stay positive guys! They are just trying to tally all of the students who will be enrolled in the fall.
This discussion has been closed.