Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Community college before attending the fall?

WilliamMWilliamM Registered User Posts: 36 New Member
My dad would like for me to attend community college during the summer to either brush up/sharpen on my skills (ie: probably math, english, critical thinking class, etc.). If I get a D or a C in a class, will it carry over to UCR? Not to say that I won't try in class. The classes i'm probably going to take isn't for me to necessarily get college credits or anything; it is just to refresh my skills.
Post edited by WilliamM on

Replies to: Community college before attending the fall?

• 4232711942327119 Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    UCR won't see the grades that you earned, unless you decide to transfer your credits. Even if you get a a D, I would still recommend transferring the credits because the grades you receive will not end up on your transcript. And if you receive a bad grade, nothing will happen to your admission. Community colleges only transfer credits, not grades/gpa. If you do plan to transfer credits, make sure that the community college course is equivalent to the UCR course.
  • WilliamMWilliamM Registered User Posts: 36 New Member
    Thanks for your response. I was kind of unsure whether or not to sign up.
This discussion has been closed.