Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Senior taking Community College Classes, Question?

Coltsfan50Coltsfan50 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
I just took my precalculus final at College of the Sequioas (a CC) and I would like to ask a question. My grade is a borderline B (80-83) and I think I didn't do to well in the final. In the event I end up with the C, will it in general affect me taking calculus at UCR. keep in mind that this CC is UC transferable so I don't have to take the MAE. However, will that C hurt me in the future? BTW my major is Biochemistry ( I love science but the math kills).
Post edited by Coltsfan50 on

Replies to: High School Senior taking Community College Classes, Question?

  • ConnorR15ConnorR15 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I am not at all certain of the accuracy of this information; its simply what I read on another forum regarding transfering credits to UCR. Supposedly CC credits transfer as exemptions, meaning they do not transfer for a letter grade but merely Pass/Fail. If that is correct, then I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to enroll in calculus.

    If you want to be sure, you could always call the university and ask; they'd be able to give you a definite answer.
  • elisebearelisebear Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    Do what ConnorR15 said. Your best bet is to contact your academic adviser. If you're in the Biochem department, you should call the CNAS undergrad advising office at (951) 827-7294 so they can transfer you to your adviser.
This discussion has been closed.