Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Chance me!!!

FatBoiFatBoi Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
So I was wondering what my chances of getting into UCR for a business major would be.
I have roughly a 3.4 unweighted GPA and a weighted GPA of 3.65. As for extra curricular i did community service and was part of a couple of other clubs. My SAT score was 1760. I'm planning on taking the new SAT and the ACT soon. What scores should i aim for? Are my current scores of 3.65 weighted and 1760 SAT enough?

Throughout my high school career my grades have gone up every year. I went from a 3.0 freshman year to a 3.5 sophomore year to a 4.0 junior year. Will UCR consider this?

PS. I would like to think i come from a pretty competitive high school as my high school ranks top 10 for speech and debate in the whole nation. Does school competitiveness play a factor in applications?

Replies to: Chance me!!!

• GumbymomGumbymom Registered User Posts: 20,524 Senior Member
    An upward grade trend will be noted along with the competitiveness of your HS. Is you weighted GPA, your UC GPA? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 2%
    UCLA: 3%
    UCSD: 6%
    UCD: 11%
    UCSB: 13%
    UCI: 16%
    UCSC: 47%
    UCR: 64%
    UCM: 80%

I would say UCR is a Match. You do realize that you are admitted as a Pre-Business major and need to take pre-req courses before you can apply to the Business school at the end of Sophomore year?

http://undergradbusiness.ucr.edu/majorchange/prebusiness.html

GPA and test scores of middle 25%-75% students

High School UC GPA: 3.52 - 4.00
    ACT Composite Score: 22 - 29
    SAT Critical Reading: 490 - 620
    SAT Mathematics: 510 - 670

Aim for the 50th percentile or higher for test scores.

Good Luck.
  • NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 5,122 Senior Member
    It could go either way.
    Good luck
  • DaCheaPetDaCheaPet Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Dude you're like me except that I come from a low-income high school. I think it might come down to your essays and how you explain yourself.
This discussion has been closed.