Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Psychology Honors Program vs BS/MA degree program

EASDEASD Registered User Posts: 488 Member
Honors Program

B.S/M.A.

These appear to be two separate programs that can overlap with only a BS. Either BA or BS Psychology majors may complete the honors program but only BS students can stick around for the contiguous MA. I was originally a BA major only but am possibly switching for this MA. The main requirements are Math 20 ABC instead of 10 ABC.

For the BA I need only one more class in the Math 10 series, but if I go for the BS I'd need to completely restart by taking Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and then finally the three calc courses. Five more math classes instead of one.. It's possible but I just want to know it's worth it. The joint program seems like a fun and practical opportunity and I wonder how much more significant it would be for admittance into grad school. I am interested in research, which is the greatest appeal.
This discussion has been closed.